Before I jump into the recipe, I wanted to take a moment to point out that tortilla chips are really good when they are cooked for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Once warmed, they taste like they are just coming out of the oven -- just like they are served at Mexican restaurants, which I love!
Ingredients for Low Calorie Nachos:
- 1 serving of Tortilla Chips
- 2 tablespoons of homemade salsa or your favorite store-bought salsa
- 2 tablespoons of fat free sour cream or low fat sour cream
- 10 grams of shredded fat free cheese
- (Optional) 1-2 tablespoons of sliced jalapenos
(1) Distribute Tortilla Chips across a microwave safe plate
(2) Place salsa on tortilla chips (I usually put it right in the center)
(3) Distribute sour cream around chips
(4) Shred and weigh 10 grams of fat free cheese on your food scale
(5) Distribute cheese across chips
(6) Add jalapenos
(7) Cook in microwave for 30 seconds
(8) Eat and Enjoy!
In the calorie department, depending on what ingredients you use, the recipe comes out to approximately 170-195 calories, 5-7 grams of fat, 2-3 grams of fiber, (so 3-4 weight watchers points). You can further reduce the calories or points by using baked chips.
If you are feeling creative, you can always add additional vegetables like cooked onions, sliced fresh tomatoes, or avocado slices.